[uf-discuss] The need for a Trackback microformat?

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 09:38:34 PST 2005

Hmm. Sounds like a case for <blockquote cite="%url%"> or <cite>....

However, it would be interesting to do something like <a href="%url%"
rel="trackback">xyz</a>...

I didn't realize that the <cite> tag is basically worthless when it
comes to inline citations to an external source... does this mean that
one should always use blockquote and just style it to be inline?

FYI, when you drop content into the Flock editor from another webpage,
we properly add the <blockquote> tag with a citation to the original
URL. If you parsed a page with such markup, you could theoretically
infer trackback, n'est-ce pas?

Chris