Fwd: [uf-discuss] rel-tag for hierarchical categories

Danny Ayers danny.ayers at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 00:02:45 PST 2005

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Richard Newman <holygoat at gmail.com>
Date: Dec 3, 2005 10:36 PM
Subject: Re: [uf-discuss] rel-tag for hierarchical categories
To: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers at gmail.com>
Cc: Microformats Discuss <microformats-discuss at microformats.org>

Danny, microformatters,
   I trust that <http://www.holygoat.co.uk/projects/tags/#example>
will suffice. I have included several levels, each of which is
'correct', though I would advise you to shy away from explicitly
using tags:taggedWithTag (I envisage this property as a logical
consequence of the reified versions). The reasoning behind this is
explained in the doc, but essentially can be summarised as "I don't
agree with your taggings, so one cannot simply state that "x is
tagged with y"". There is an act of tagging to be modelled.

   I would note that relating tags is precisely as subjective as
tagging resources, which means we need either to maintain provenance
and attribution (which RDF does not natively do), or to reify this
relation exactly as I reify tags:

   tag:httpsubscription tags:tagRelation
     [ a tags:TagRelation ;
       tags:relatedBy rich:RichardNewman ;
       tags:subCategoryOfTag tag:software ] .

   Please keep me CCed as appropriate, and ask questions as you wish.

-R

--

http://dannyayers.com