[uf-discuss] Use title attribute in non-abbr tags?

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Sun Dec 4 10:41:32 PST 2005

I looked around on the wiki, and read Tantek's original explanation
of using title in abbr tags [1], but I didn't find a clear answer to
this.  Should title attribute values be preferred to internal text
values in non-abbr tags when parsing microformats?  E.g. if a parser
comes across something like <span title="Bob Smith" class="fn">Robert
Smith</span>, should it take "Bob Smith", or "Robert Smith" as the
value of the fn, or should that only be done if the tag is abbr?

Peace,
Scott

[1] http://tantek.com/log/2005/01.html#d26t0100