[uf-discuss] Vote-Links use cases ?

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Sun Dec 4 14:12:15 PST 2005

On Dec 3, 2005, at 1:07 AM, Charles Iliya Krempeaux wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Just wondering if there's a list of use cases for vote-links
> somewhere?
>
> For example, are vote-links just a better version of rel-nofollow.
> (With rel="nofollow" being equivalent to rev="vote-against".)  Or are
> there other use cases.

The first use I ever heard of was Technorati doing a distributed poll
during the last US election.  Tantek mentioned it here [http://
tantek.com/log/2004/11.html#d01t2339]. It is, of course, dead now.

And on the topic of vote-links vs. relnofollow, notice that vote-
links are actually older than relNoFollow. :D

-ryan
--
Ryan King
ryan at technorati.com