[uf-discuss] Nomenclature Question

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Thu Dec 8 07:26:15 PST 2005

On 12/8/05 3:05 AM, "David Janes -- BlogMatrix" <davidjanes at blogmatrix.com>
wrote:

> - RelHome?
> - rel-home?
> - Rel-Home?
>
> Variants of these across the rel-* are all available. My understanding
> is that this should be:
>
> - RelHome -- this official name
> - rel-home -- the wiki page name

I think the latter is preferred overall for rel values.  There are some
places on the wiki where the old style of "RelTag" is used, but those should
be edited IMHO to be "rel-tag".

Here is some off the top of my head reasoning:

The name of the "rel" attribute is case-sensitive in XHTML, thus it is
better to use the precise case (all lowercase in particular) of the
attribute in XHTML.

Once you've done that, it's just easier to use all lowercase for the value
as well, and it conveniently matches the wiki page name.

Other thoughts?

Thanks,

Tantek