[uf-discuss] Ics import in Outlook

David Osolkowski qidydl at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 14:03:45 PST 2005

On 12/9/05, brian suda <brian.suda at gmail.com> wrote:

> DTSTAMP is easy, that is just the date-time stamp when the was created.
> You could certainly encode that into your HTML.
>
> UID is more difficult. That is Universal ID, and within a given page you
> can be use those UIDs are unique, but over the WWW there is now way to
> gauntee its uniqueness.

The tag: URI scheme[1] provides a fairly effective way to generate unique
ID's.  I believe it is the recommended way to generate GUIDs for Atom[2].
Thus, it seems likely it could be re-used here.

[1] http://www.taguri.org/
[2] http://diveintomark.org/archives/2004/05/28/howto-atom-id

- David Osolkowski