[uf-discuss] Microformats: for hand-authoring or aggregating purpose?

Charles Iliya Krempeaux supercanadian at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 16:35:29 PST 2005

Hello,

On 12/13/05, toydi <teohuiming.work at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A question ran into my mind when i was using hCalendar-o-matic to
> build my first hEvent microformats several weeks ago. From an
> author/user perspective, would you prefer to create a micro-content by
> hand-author, or use a helper form (e.g h*-o-matic) to help you build
> it? I'm really curious to know how actually authors out there write
> microformats, do share some of your experience with all. :-)
>
> The same question strike me again as I'm thinking about submitting
> data in microformats to remote web server. As a user, let say to
> modify your birthday event data, do you prefer to update a <textarea>
> containing microformatted XHTML, or prefer to update several <input>
> textboxes and combo boxes? Which one you choose?
>
> OTOH, more people start to write scripts to collect microformatted
> contents from web sites. It seems like in nature, microformats has
> been used for aggregating purpose. We publish microformatted contents,
> so that others will be able to aggregate those contents easier.
>
> These lead me to the question: microformats makes us easy to
> hand-author data or aggregate data? What's your opinion? ;-)

The first thing to remember is that there are alot of different kinds
of developers.  Some will hand code things.  And some will need tools
(to code them automagically).  (And then there are actual users... who
will likely always need to do this stuff through tools.)

For me though. the h*-o-matics helped me learn the Microformats.  But,
when I code these, I code them by hand.

See ya

--
    Charles Iliya Krempeaux, B.Sc.