[uf-discuss] XOXO Comments

Paul Bryson paul at msn.com
Wed Dec 21 23:44:31 PST 2005

"Tantek Ç elik" wrote...
> On 12/21/05 2:56 PM, "Dr. Ernie Prabhakar"  wrote:
>> I don't think XOXO cares about "headers" -- everything is determined
>> by the structure.  So, I assume <h2> et al would be part of the text
>> (or ignore) not part of the XOXO structure per se.
>
> It would be ignored by a XOXO-only parser, per the FAQ:
>
> http://microformats.org/wiki/xoxo-faq#other_markup_in_xoxo

Okay, this makes sense to me now.  However it may be worth noting in the
same that the Web Apps 1.0 spec prohibits both inline and block level
content to be used in the same container.  So if you are going to label it,
you should use an block level element around the label.

http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#li0

> This is also in the FAQ:
>
> http://microformats.org/wiki/xoxo-faq#class.3D.22xoxo.22

Okay, I didn't notice the FAQ.  It would be nice if the pages had a concise
list of all of the internal wiki pages related directly to that topic.  When
I want to refer to some page I spotted earlier, I have to hunt through the
text for that one link, whatever it was called...

Atamido