[uf-discuss] hAtom draft - class="title"

Paul Bryson paul at msn.com
Tue Dec 27 13:10:10 PST 2005

I'm just looking for extra confirmation of this little problem before
touching the wiki.  It appears that hAtom uses the class attribute "title"
for it's title, such as what would go in a heading <hn>  However, the hCard
also uses "title", but in a completely different context.

The problem arises if an hCard, which contains a "title", is located inside
of an hAtom, especially prior to the hAtom's "title".  The specification
says:

    *  the first hAtom valid element with a class="title" is the Entry Title
    hAtom valid meaning somewhere where we expect it (like not inside Entry
Content, for example).
    * otherwise, the first hAtom valid <h#> element to appear in an hAtom
document is the Entry Title
    * otherwise, the Entry Title is the empty string
    Atom does not allow for an entry not to have a title.

It almost sounds like it cannot use a "title" from within the hCard, but it
isn't very clear.  Is this wrong, or could someone provide clearer verbiage?

Atamido

"David Janes -- BlogMatrix"wrote...