Multiple LOGOs or PHOTOs in hCard/vCard? (was Re: [uf-discuss] Avatar Microformat ?)

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Wed Dec 28 15:04:41 PST 2005

On 12/28/05 1:13 PM, "Paul Bryson" <paul at msn.com> wrote:

> "Charles Iliya Krempeaux"
> <supercanadian at gmail.com> wrote...
>> I'd agree with this if hCards allowed for multiple PHOTO's or LOGO's.
>> So, from my perspective, the question comes down to: does an hCard
>> support mutiple PHOTO's or LOGO's?  (My understanding so far is that
>> they don't.  But please correct me if I'm wrong.)
>
> I am currently using "logo" to display an avatar.  But I am curious if more
> than one photo/logo is allowed per hCard.

I don't see any wording in RFC 2426 (vCard) that prohibits multiple LOGOs or
PHOTOs, therefore it is reasonable to allow for more than one in hCards as
well.

Now, what different clients/applications do with those multiple LOGOs/PHOTOs
is a different matter, but the assumption is that those implementations are
constantly improving.

Your markup should reflect the content you are publishing.  The
implementations will adapt to the content out there, especially if you add
your particular content as one of the "Examples in the Wild" in the hCard
specification:

 http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard#Examples_in_the_wild

Thanks,

Tantek