[uf-discuss] hAtom draft - class="title"

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Wed Dec 28 15:12:41 PST 2005

On 12/28/05 2:51 PM, "Paul Bryson" <paul at msn.com> wrote:

> "David Janes -- BlogMatrix" wrote...
>> You should be able to now convert the Date Posted into a nice "published"
>> element.
>
> It isn't already?  Honestly, in production I'm not sure that I will have
> access to the date in an ISO format.  I will include it though for the
> example.  I'm not a fan of how things are laid out around the published
> element, but I guess it probably doesn't matter to much.
>
> It is a shame that we cannot use dtpublished to keep with what has already
> been pulled from hCard and hCalendar.

Paul, this is an interesting proposal and I believe is worthy of
consideration.  Please add it to the hAtom issues page:

 http://microformats.org/wiki/hatom-issues

In addition, it is probably worth referencing other similar properties such
as REV in hCard/vCard, DTSTAMP in hCalendar/iCalendar, and the
examples/formats/brainstorming for last-modified:

http://microformats.org/wiki/last-modified-brainstorming

Among all these, it feels like we can do some simplification.  And where the
properties have different semantics, it would be useful to call out those
differences.

Thanks,

Tantek