Multiple LOGOs or PHOTOs in hCard/vCard? (was Re: [uf-discuss] Avatar Microformat ?)

brian suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 15:19:20 PST 2005

The problem i see in the RFC and hCard for having multiple Images is this:

All properties that allow multiple instances, NICKNAME do so as comma
delimited values
NICKNAME: bill, billy, Wil

and not as:

NICKNAME: bill
NICKNAME: billy
NICKNAME: Wil

In the RFC it is normally written at the end of the document as
something like:

NICKNAME: (text-value)*,

saying that it can take multiple 'text-values'

LOGO and IMAGE do not have the * operator, so i would interpret this as
NOT allowing multiple comma delimated values.

That leaves the question of can it have multiple instance of the same
property:

LOGO:....
LOGO:....

No other property does this, as my NICKNAME example above shows, so i
would not think LOGO, PHOTO to be any different.

So i DON'T think it is possible to have two or more PHOTOs or LOGOs, but
i might be missing something.

-brian