[microformats-discuss] additional machine info in XMDP

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Wed Jul 13 04:10:08 PDT 2005

On 7/12/05 5:18 PM, "Eran" <limbo at speakeasy.net> wrote:

>> I believe Brian Suda was working on a parser/validator for xmdp.
>>
>> However, as I'm sure you've noticed, the real guts of an xmdp
>> are the
>> prose descriptions of the elements. So, just like other
>> microformats,
>> xmdp is for "humans first and machines second."
>>
>> -ryan
>
> This shouldn't stop us from including more machine useable information
> in profiles. I'd love to see additional information that can be used to
> automate parsing or viewing of the microformat in question.

While I agree that there is definitely some potential there, I am not sure
it is worth the effort.  Absent any well defined practical use case for
putting more machine usable information into XMDP, that *should* stop us
from allocating time to discuss or do it.

Let's focus our time and efforts on microformats on practical uses that
exist today as much as possible.  If you really want, perhaps keep track of
extra ideas like that in some side notes, perhaps a brainstorming page.

Thanks,

Tantek