[microformats-discuss] Brainstorming on a "resume" microformat

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Wed Jul 13 08:25:43 PDT 2005

On 7/13/05 8:04 AM, "Danny Ayers" <danny.ayers at gmail.com> wrote:

> Might be useful:
>
> http://captsolo.net/semweb/
>
> "Modelling of Resume Data in the Semantic Web Using RDF"
>
> I've only glanced at it, but the model seems fairly straightforward,
> easily mappable to/from a microformat.

While I think it can be useful to look at *any* earlier attempt at a format,
it is important to place a higher priority on mapping to actual content
being published on the web today, and see what implied schemas can be
derived from that content (and hopefully simplified to the minimum for a
first attempt).

Often such "practical" implied schemas are much better "tuned"/"optimized"
than explicit schemas in (proposed) standards.

Thanks,

Tantek