[microformats-discuss] Announcing microformats discovery brainstorming

Bud Gibson bud at thecommunityengine.com
Wed Jul 13 18:01:38 PDT 2005

Dear all:

Josh Porter raised the great issue of how UAs and developers might
discover microformats.  This is key for hacking new applications
based on microformats.  Applications will ultimately lead to wider
adoption.  I tried to summarize the list's discussion on this wiki page:

http://microformats.org/wiki/xmdp-brainstorming

I cover several proposals plus raise the issue of parsing user data.
Many of the prototype discovery mechanisms like Brian Suda's X2V
depend on having a decent DOM tree.  May not happen.

I would really like to get some participation in editing and
authoring the page.  The activity on the list suggests this is a hot
topic.

Bud