[microformats-discuss] Developer Adoption

Lucas Gonze lucas.gonze at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 13:25:36 PDT 2005

> > > What is this cool stuff you speak of?

Given standardized HTML formats, we can share CSS for formatting the
data.  Since high-quality CSS is actually pretty hard, this would save
a lot of work.

Given browser-visible data, we can use javascript to manipulate it.
This allows browser-based tools into a market where only OS-based
tools have been able to go.

We can copy data from one site or page to another without losing the
structure.  For example, we can reblog a blog entry without losing the
original comment-submission URL.  Or, we can copy an event listing
from the promoter's site to an event aggregator and from the
aggregator to the user's calendar.  ...all with plain old web apps.

- Lucas