[microformats-discuss] resume format

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Thu Jul 14 14:11:19 PDT 2005

Panayotis Vryonis asked:

A CV microformat -does it make sense?

[http://vrypan.net/log/archives/2005/07/12/a-cv-microformat-does-it-
make-sense/]

And the answer is...

yes.

In fact, about a month ago, after bumping into Dave McClure from
simplyhired.com, stated that there is a great need for it. So,
finally, we (Tantek, Kevin and I) met with Dave and his crew (James
and Sachin, welcome to the list), to get some discussion started
about a resume microformat*.

I've collected our notes from the meeting on the wiki:

* http://microformats.org/wiki/resume-formats documents common resumé
formats, as described by the simplyhired guys (who see lots of
resumés). Please add any examples to that page, but keep it all
descriptive. For analysis and other ideas, see

* http://microformats.org/wiki/resume-brainstorming, which captures
some initial thoughts on how a format could be put together. Feel
free to add commentary there or on this list.

-ryan

* Someone's already asked if a resumé format would still be
considered 'micro,' but IMHO, microformats are more about the
principles than the size.