[microformats-discuss] reblogging & License

Eran limbo at speakeasy.net
Thu Jul 14 18:39:41 PDT 2005

> License info? I think its been used by more people than you'd
> expect-
> it comes built into the code snippet that CC provides.

That's cool but most online content is not under CC. I doubt CNN will
use CC as a license but they will definitely be a popular target for
reblogging.

> No, it doesn't deal with that. Is not having a machine-readable
> license a problem?

Not having machine reable license is not a problem just as not having
machine readable reviews or events is not a problem. Having machine
reable license has advantages though. For example, a republishing tool
that wants to play nice (and as a result not get shut down by the
supreme court) could use machine readable license info to decide what
can be done with a specific bit of content. Can it be edited? Can it
even be republished? Etc.

Eran.