[microformats-discuss] Invalid XHTML

Robert Bachmann rbach at rbach.priv.at
Fri Jul 15 16:03:25 PDT 2005

Ryan King wrote:
> On Jul 15, 2005, at 2:02 PM, Robert Bachmann wrote:
>> [...]
>  [...]
>> I've also discovered a small bug in the Wiki, see
>> http://bugzilla.wikipedia.org/long_list.cgi?buglist=2870
>
> I've applied the patch for this bug.
Thanks Ryan, seems to work.

Some more notes on the wiki:

1. The wiki allows you to write <code><pre>, this isn't valid XHTML
because <code> is an inline element and <pre> is a block element.
it wrong by including &lt;code&gt; in the output.
possible way.

2. http://microformats.org/wiki/comments-formats seems to be invalid,
first error:
 comments-formats:38: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: td
 line 32 and div

I've removed the TOC with __NOTOC__, and the output was valid
afterwards, therefor this seems to be a bug in Mediawiki.
(anybody may restore the TOC by removing the first line with __NOTOC__
in it, I've just done it for testing purposes)

Robert
--
Robert Bachmann <rbach at rbach.priv.at> (OpenPGP KeyID: 0x4A5CCF10)