[microformats-discuss] Advertisement microformat

Michal Migurski mike at stamen.com
Sat Jul 16 18:47:13 PDT 2005

Since we're on the topic of microformats... :)

This photo:
     http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammathes/26270412/

...made me think that an advertisement microformat would be
interesting. I expect that companies that inject ads into their RSS
feeds wouldn't like this at all. However, Google counter-intuitively
showed that text-only ads could be a huge moneymaker. Perhaps ads
that identify themselves as such might also have some advantage over
those that don't?

My personal motivation for musing about an advertisement microformat
is that it would allow me (as a maintainer of RSS reader software) to
help keep the content in feeds readable, and to apply a style to the
ads that is less intrusive than the red beasties on Adam's screenshot.

-mike.

michal migurski- mike at stamen.com
                  415.558.1610