[microformats-discuss] Referencing hCards

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 01:04:40 PDT 2005

> Right. So, just spider XFN'ed links. So:
>
> 1. I link to you.
> 2. You have an hCard on your homepage OR
> 3. link to your hCard with rel="me"
>
> voila! distributed addressbook with XFN + hCard.

XFN is a seperate microformat than hCard, so there is no implcation
that XFN means hCard. Spidering those links needlessly would generate
more bandwidth, processor time, and execution time. I was looking for
a way to say without a doubt, that on the other end of the link is an
hCard. Since there is no way to do this with certainty this idea is
moot. It was just a thought.

-brian