[microformats-discuss] Re: encoding adr and tel types in hCard

Mark Rickerby coretxt at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 00:21:47 PDT 2005

> So does <div class="tel fax"></div>, etc make sense, or is it always
> better to encode the specific types as a separate child elements?

[from http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard]
- For properties which can be plural (e.g. "TEL"), each class instance
should create a instance of that property. Plural properties with
subtypes (e.g. TEL with WORK, HOME, CELL) can be optimized to share a
common element for the property itself, with each instance of subtype
being an appropriately classed descendant of the property element.

I guess I will just assume this applies to the ADR property as well,
and treat the case of a single instance of TEL or ADR with multiple
subtypes as an "optimization". Maybe I was trying to optimize too far.

Regards,
Mark