[uf-discuss] Re: Re: [microformats-discuss] Fiction books microformats

Chris Hibbert chris at commerce.net
Mon Nov 7 13:11:59 PST 2005

Tim White wrote:
> As for a separate book review format, there really isn't a need.
> Microformats are modular by nature (yes?) so you would simply use
> relevant bits of the citation format within hReview.

Seems reasonable if it would work, and if there are appropriate
syntactic markers already defined.

> Likewise, author names in the citation format could be marked up
> based on the hCard format. I've recently added hReview (using hCard
> for reviews' names) to the reference reviews on our Web site
> (reviews.gale.com).

hCard lets you insert the things you know about the author's contact
information, but I don't see an obvious way to use it to identify the
author of the work being reviewed.  Not quite the same thing.  Am I
missing something?

I found a couple of book reviews at reviews.gale.com, but none of them
had any markup on the book's authors.  Can you point to an example that
does?

> I'd also like to mark up the products being reviewed and a citation
> format seems natural. On a personal note, I'd simply like a way to
> mark up book titles. There just isn't a good way to do that at the
> moment.

hReview requires that "item info" give the name of the reviewed object.

http://microformats.org/wiki/hreview#Format

Why isn't that what you are looking for?

Chris
--
Chris Hibbert
(650)289-4054 (*changed*)