[uf-discuss] Does microformat specify tag types?

David Janes -- BlogMatrix davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Tue Nov 8 14:36:35 PST 2005

Robert,

if a microformat says specify "x" in the "class", it's not saying
anything about the element. Therefore you can safely assume that any
element will do -- unless explicitly stated otherwise. There are
microformats that explicitly restrict the element; this will be spelled
out in the varying specs.

The use of SPAN is a convenient thing to do because in and off itself it
has no presentation impact on the document.

Regards, etc...
David
http://www.blogmatrix.com