[uf-discuss] Hello / Semantically-Interlinked Online Communities (SIOC)

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 14:58:06 PST 2005

Hi Karl,

> The chance for microformats (and RDF in general) is to have engines
> implementing well defined "schemas". A web site has disappeared
> unfortunately, I should have taken a screenshot. It was a tool to
> conceive blogging templates so you don't have to type values.
>      http://reger.com/biz/what-is-datablogging.log

Flock will attempt to work on this problem as well -- not only by
helping authors create content that's marked up in microformats, but
by also working with open source publishing platforms like Drupal and
WordPress who will have baked-in support for microformats. I don't
think you can solve the adoption problem only on one end or by only
relying on manual markup... so I agree that somewhere along to way,
the tools need to be designed such that supporting microformats moves
beyond being a "feature" but is actually a customary design aspect
that can be taken for granted.

But yes, there is much work to be done between now and then!
;)

Chris