[uf-discuss] generic microformat parsing heuristics?

Charles Iliya Krempeaux supercanadian at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 15:02:29 PST 2005

Hello,

On 11/8/05, Danny Ayers <danny.ayers at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/7/05, Charles Iliya Krempeaux <supercanadian at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > To do what you want, you'd need a way of "marking" every Microformat
> > usage as being Microformat, so you could easily "lift out" all the
> > Microformat nuggets.  For example, if you required every Microformat
> > to use a class="microformat", then you could just lift out everything
> > with a class="microformat" in it.  (Note though, a class could
> > potentially have more than one thing listed in it.  For example
> > class="microformat vcard".)
>
> Isn't this the purpose of the profile URI?

I really don't know as much about the profile URI as I should, but my
understanding is that the profile attribute sites on the HTML "head"
element.  And you'd still have to know about "meaning" behind each
different profile URI (that you are interested in), ahead of time,
before you could use them.

See ya

--
     Charles Iliya Krempeaux, B.Sc.