[uf-discuss] xdmp profiles not enough for parsing?

David Janes -- BlogMatrix davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Wed Nov 16 09:05:57 PST 2005

Tantek Çelik wrote:
> But how much easier?  Is it worth the effort?
>
> Rather than wasting time incrementally making something more generic, why
> not spend the time coding specific parsers?  I bet you'll get more done in
> less time that way.

I'll just add the observation that (as far as I can tell) Phil is
planning to go down this path anyway. My belief is that  there'll
probably be some low hanging fruit here where general utility can be
found and then after than there's probably a very solid wall [to mix
metaphors].

Regards, etc...
David