[uf-discuss] Formatting of Movie Credits information

Goodlatte, Robert Robert.Goodlatte at dig.com
Wed Nov 16 15:19:08 PST 2005

I'm looking to format movie credit information in a semantic and meaningful
way.  I've looked at XMDP as a possible way of assigning some meaning to CSS
classes, perhaps used in a definition list, but I would like to hear other
people's opinions on the subject.  Is this proper use of a definition list?
If not, what other formatting should I use?

Right now, my HTML would look something like this:

<dl>
<dt id='title'>Title</dt>
  <dd>Walk the Line</dd>
<dt id='genre'>Genre</dt>
  <dd>Biography, Musical, Drama</dd>
<dt id='cast'>Cast</dt>
   <dd>Joaquin Phoenix, Reese Witherspoon, Robert Patrick, Ginnifer Goodwin,
Shelby Lynne</dd>

...etc etc.

Would an unordered list be a more appropriate way to format this
information?  Is there a microformat I could use?

The information I would like to present is:

Title
First Billed Cast
Director(s)
Writer(s)
Genre(s)
Status
Release Date
DVD Release Date
Running Time
MPAA Rating
Web Site

Thanks in advance, and my apologies if this is the incorrect forum for this
question.

Rob Goodlatte