[uf-discuss] Fiction books microformats

Tim White tjameswhite at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 22 10:25:51 PST 2005

I was just rereading this post for thoughts on marking up titles. At
the same time, the thread on invisible data got me to thinking:

--- Chris Hibbert <chris at commerce.net> wrote:

> The beginning of the  review is annotated thusly:

>     <abbr class="dtreviewed" title="20051108T2318-0700"></abbr>
> Hibbert</span>
>     <a style="display: none;"
>       href="http://www.rebelfirerock.com/"
>       class="item url fn">RebelFire: Out of the Gray Zone</a>
>    feels like a juvenile, in the sense of Heinlein's Juveniles ...
>
> That's a lot of non-human-visible annotation.

So why have the non-visible data?

You have the title visible AND invisible with a link. Why not just
combine them into something like:

     <abbr class="dtreviewed" title="20051108T2318-0700"></abbr>
title-book">RebelFire: Out of the Gray Zone</span>

Note that I  also deleted the "reviewed by" piece with you also had
invisible. In looking at your blog
(http://pancrit.blogspot.com/2005/11/rebelfire-out-of-gray-zone.html) I
see that at the end of the posting is "posted by Chris Hibbert".
Couldn't that be marked up to be the reviewer section of the hReview?

Might this also work for some of the others questioning how to put
reviewer information into their hReviews?

~ Tim