[uf-discuss] Greetings microformatters

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Tue Nov 29 14:04:10 PST 2005

On Nov 29, 2005, at 8:20 AM, Ryan Cannon wrote:

> My name is Ryan Cannon and I am a master's student at U of M
> studying human-computer interaction, semantic web design, and
> basically looking for ways to contribute to the field. I read about
> Microformats in the Digitial Web Magazine Primer  and more recently
> in Boss & Lie's article in A List Apart. I think the idea of µf is
> an incredible one—essentially codifying best practices for common
> applications. I believe this will go a long way to abstracting
> semantic XHTML development once the dev. tools support it well.

Welcome, a fellow grad student. :D

As Chris already meantioned, see http://microformats.org/wiki/rel-
directory. Also, see http://microformats.org/wiki/rel-tag.

> Search for words: "Disney"
> In websites about: "Tourism"
> and not about: "Stores OR Merchandise"

Please excuse the gratuitous mention of my employer, but you can do
this on technorati already. For example, this search will give you
[most of] what you ask for:

http://technorati.com/search/disney?blogtag=tourism

(we don't have complex blogtag queries, just simple inclusion).