[microformats-discuss] microformats for partial info

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 17:46:11 PDT 2005

Could you send an example or a link? If the partical information is
not the minimum required for a VEVENT, then i'd say don't mark it up,
otherwise, you can it if you want? it is a trade-off, either not
encode anything and the user never knows about the event, or only
encode half the information so the user only gets half the story... it
is a trade-off that only you can determine for the users...

I think a link or example would help, then we can try to work through
this together.

-brian

On 10/2/05, Marius Scurtescu <marius.scurtescu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a practical question regarding microformats for partially
> showing content.
>
> I am looking at adding microformats markup to an existing Xoops
> calendar module. Adding the markup to pages where the whole event is
> showing is pretty simple, but I am not sure what to do with partially
> showing events. The module has blocks for showing coming events, these
> blocks will shown a short version with a link to the event page. The
> same applies to search results.
>
> Is there a generic/preferred solution for this issue?
>
> Thanks,
> Marius
>

> --
> http://marius.scurtescu.com