[microformats-discuss] Re: Educationg Others

Mark Pilgrim pilgrim at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 22:45:56 PDT 2005

On 10/4/05, Lisa Rein <lisa at lisarein.com> wrote:
> Other values are allowed if they are defined with a Profile:
> [snip]
> yet the microformat method doesn't seem to use that either.
> (unless there is are profiles defined somewhere that I am unaware of -
> which is possible, since I'm new to the microformat space :)

http://www.gmpg.org/xmdp/
http://microformats.org/wiki/reltag#XMDP_profile
http://tantek.com/presentations/2005/09/microformats-evolution/

Microformats are valid (X)HTML.  Certainly you will find examples in
the wild -- perhaps embarassingly high-profile examples -- that don't
define the profile correctly.  These examples should be fixed, and
their authors flogged.

--
Cheers,
-Mark