[microformats-discuss] Re: Educationg Others

Scott Anderson portletdev at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 15:14:52 PDT 2005

On 10/4/05, Danny Ayers <danny.ayers at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/4/05, Scott Anderson <portletdev at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > If I do need to support a secondary format that gets used to generate
> > microformats in my XHTML does anyone know of a good candidate for this
> > besides RDF?
>
> Topic Maps (XTM) may be worth considering.

I will look into these.

> > Note to Danny: I will be looking into how to map RDF to my JSR 170
> > content repository. Let me know if you have any suggestions on how
> > best to approach this task. I would need to define some custom node
> > types. (http://www.jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/review/jsr170/)
>
> Considered me interested. I came across JSR 170 not long ago, comments:
> http://dannyayers.com/archives/2005/09/02/need-for-a-data-manamagement-system-spec/

I have an Apache Jackrabbit implementation running within a Spring IoC
framework that is driven by an Apache Geronimo kernel. I am to the
point where I need to define a higher level, more defined content
model on top of the low level and open-ended JSR 170 model. Oh, I am
also investigating how to present a user interface for JSR 170
workspaces to content authors.

Whenever you have the time to invest in getting up to speed on JSR 170
(I am available for questions) and are to the point where you have
something worth trying out, just let me know.

I thought a reasonable first step to establishing a content model was
a JSR 170 browser/editor which is what I will be focused on after
extricating myself from this thread. I can add any of your modeling on
top. BTW, I also have integrated ROME into the mix so that is
available for CMS I/O. Jackrabbit has support for Lucene search and an
XPath like syntax.

I am open sourcing all this stuff under the Apache 2.0 license.