[microformats-discuss] Re: Educationg Others

Robert Sayre sayrer at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 10:20:42 PDT 2005

On 10/5/05, Dr. Ernie Prabhakar <drernie at opendarwin.org> wrote:
> Seriously, it does seem that either people immediately sense the
> value, or it appears completely ridiculous to them.

I don't like the binary opposition. I don't feel like I "get it", but
I have used XOXO to good effect already. I think I understand why it's
better than some random XML format.

> Rather, we're saying, "This has solved -our- problems.  Why not look
> to see if it might solve yours?" That's all.

Yes, you guys keep saying that, and I am prepared to believe it. So,
what were the problems and how did the microformats solve it? I can
understand the reluctance to answer that question directly, since it
opens to door to all sorts of "but what about..." kinds of objections
that fall outside the sweet spot.

Robert Sayre