Case Studies Re: [microformats-discuss] Re: Education

Robert Sayre sayrer at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 11:56:05 PDT 2005

On 10/5/05, Dr.Ernie Prabhakar <drernie at opendarwin.org> wrote:
> I'm responsible for the website or an informal group at work. The
> HTML I inherited was a horrible mess, and painful to maintain.  I
> realized that it was pretty much just a list of events, people, and
> resources.   So, just to avoid having to think about HTML design, I
> turned the whole thing into a bunch of XOXO, hCards, and hEvents.
> Then, in order to make it look the way I wanted, I just added (or
> often, stole:) appropriate style declarations.

Ernie. Thank you. Grounding this with a concrete case has helped me, a
lot. It may seem obvious to people who have "drunk the koolaid", but I
didn't get it at all from the microformats literature on the site
(I've read quite a bit of it). I think too much of the text is focused
on how bad other approaches are.

Robert Sayre