[microformats-discuss] Re: Educationg Others

David Janes -- BlogMatrix davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Wed Oct 5 13:23:50 PDT 2005

(Now I'm going to make the bad habit of following up to my own post.)

The creation of microformats is very much analogous to the creation of
English language dictionaries, where common usage was examined, codified
and standardized. Before dictionaries went into common use, there were
many acceptable ways of spelling the same word; afterwards, writers
looked dictionaries to find the correct way to spell words.

Microformats are the dictionary of XHTML semantic content.

Regards, etc...
David
http://www.blogmatrix.com