[microformats-discuss] The adoption of syndication feeds -> microformats

David Janes -- BlogMatrix davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Wed Oct 5 15:12:36 PDT 2005

I just had a little nap; upon waking up I feel I may have been a little
unfair to the FOAF crowd. The reason I used it as an example is that
I've seen so many broken FOAF files it seemed evident that even
supporters weren't particularly interested in keeping the files up to
date (implying that there aren't that many consumers).

But if you go directly to a data store from XHTML, why bother with the
intermediate step of FOAF?

To go a little further out on a limb, my personal belief is that in a
couple of years time, the semantic web will be entirely associated with
microformats or something very analogous (aka "the lowercase semantic
web"). The uppercase folks will declare victory and move on, or become
Ted Nelsons.

Regards, etc...
David
http://www.blogmatrix.com