[microformats-discuss] Declaring the use of microformats with XHTML

David Janes -- BlogMatrix davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Fri Oct 7 02:35:05 PDT 2005

Ryan King wrote:
> On Oct 6, 2005, at 8:23 AM, David Janes -- BlogMatrix wrote:
>
>> This is an idea that's been kicking around in my head for the last
>> two months, so I'm just throwing it out there for discussion.
>>
>> Would it be a good [bad/indifferent] idea to require declaration in
>> the XHTML header that certain microformats are in use? The positive
>> points I see from this are
>

> Already covered by profile URIs.
>
> See http://gmpg.org/xmdp/
>
> -ryan

OK, this is not quite what I was getting at (unless I'm missing
something in there):

"XHTML pages that use microformats [X] link to the appropriate XMDP profile"

What should the value of [X] be? In the spirit of RFC language, choose
from MUST, SHOULD or MAY.

Regards, etc...
David
http://www.blogmatrix.com