[microformats-discuss] Profiles status

Danny Ayers danny.ayers at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 08:12:33 PDT 2005

Hi folks,

I was just contemplating a bit of machine-processing on the XMDP
profiles of the current set of formats, but the couple I checked
seemed, er, a bit unfinished - in the case of hReview, it appears to
be missing completely, not even a URI for it. I couldn't find a URI
for the hCard profile though there is a profile listing on the Wiki,
but the page is escaped, and when I tried pasting it elsewhere from
the browser I noticed there appears to be unescaped markup in the
definitions, e.g. <a> and <object> here:

   <dt>sound</dt>
    <dd>See section 3.6.6 of RFC 2426. Typically used with either an <a>
     or <object> tag. Use the 'data:' URI scheme for binary values.</dd>

http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard-profile

So could someone please tell which microformats have profile URIs, and
which have usable profile documents (before I start wondering what
problem XMDP solves ;-)

Makes me wonder how everyone is going about determining a particular
doc is using a particular microformat. Is anyone finding this out
automatically? How, just matching on class attribute contents? Or is
it simply that no-one's got around to consuming them yet..?

Cheers,
Danny.

--

http://dannyayers.com