[microformats-discuss] FYI: Boyd on Microformats and Structured Blogging

Stephen Downes stephen at downes.ca
Mon Oct 10 15:29:36 PDT 2005

David Janes -- BlogMatrix wrote:

> Stowe Boyd of Corante just posted "Microformats v Structured Blogging:
> A Small War With Big Consequences" [1] discussing microformats [2] and
> structured blogging [3].

I don't see it as a war. I fully expect the two to be compatible and
translatable - preferably with XSLT? I would be very disappointed if
this proved to be impossible.

In my view, the much more serious criticism is this:

"My viewpoint is that it is almost impossible to disassociate the
interests of these individuals and their respective companies from the
discussion of the pros and cons of these approaches."

-- Stephen

--

Stephen Downes  ~  Research Officer  ~  National Research Council Canada
http://www.downes.ca  ~  stephen at downes.ca         __\|/__ Free Learning