[microformats-discuss] Video Pop-up Link Maker

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Wed Oct 12 11:37:11 PDT 2005

On Oct 12, 2005, at 11:19 AM, Lisa Rein wrote:

> Is the vcard information *always* doing to denote the name of the
> author
> of the media object? Or would I nest the vcard information within the
> video microformat information itself, so the relationship would be
> implicit that way?

No, <address> means, essentially, "contact info all or part of a
document." So, stuff in this case: <address>.Ryan</address> we can
tell that I am the author of all or part of the document (the
vagueness is purposeful and generally works out fine in practice).

So <address class="vcard">..</address> is an easy, semantic way to
identify authors.

-ryan
--
Ryan King