[microformats-discuss] Help wanted ad microformat

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Sun Oct 16 10:56:08 PDT 2005

Welcome to the list Scott!

Excellent problem description.

I think at least a couple of folks on this list would love to work with you
on this.

Help Wanted could be thought of as a form of "listing".

Take a look at the work done on the following wiki pages (linked from the
microformats wiki home page), and please add the examples that you have
found as well:

 http://microformats.org/wiki/listing-examples
 http://microformats.org/wiki/listing-formats
 http://microformats.org/wiki/listing-brainstorming

In addition, there are folks working on a resume microformat, as well as a
job posting microformat.  I believe Dave McClure and the folks at
SimplyHired are also interested in that.

I'd be interested to see some analysis as to whether a separate "job
posting" microformat makes sense, or whether it is simply a form of listing.
My intuition says there are enough job postings on the Web to deserve their
own microformat, but if they can be represented as a form of listing,
perhaps that would be sufficient.

Thanks,

Tantek