[microformats-discuss] last-modified examples

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Sun Oct 16 17:39:36 PDT 2005

On 10/16/05 1:57 PM, "Ryan King" <ryan at technorati.com> wrote:

> None.
>
> On Oct 16, 2005, at 11:57 AM, Brian Suda wrote:
>
>> i think it certainly has its merits, hCard has a REV option, which is
>> almost like your last-modified. I understands as well that a page last
>> modified and a post last modified could be completely different, so
>> there could be a need for such a thing.
>>
>> If you are looking for examples, look to see if there are an hCards
>> that use the REV property.
>
> Indeed.
>
> Additionally, I just figured out that iCalendar has a DTSTAMP
> property, which is a *created* date- not the same as last-modified,
> but might be worth a glance.

That would be appropriate to add to the last-modified-formats page as at
least something that is related:

 http://microformats.org/wiki/last-modified-formats

Robert, at this point you've certainly got a lot of research done, and since
this is such a basic (elemental even) microformat, it looks like all there
is left to do is to pick the format (perhaps ISO8601, perhaps RFC3339), pick
a name for the property (perhaps do some more analysis of which names of the
equivalent meaning from those previous last-modified-formats is in greatest
use on the Web), and write up example markup (perhaps using the
datetime-design-pattern).

Looking forward to the brainstorming page.

Thanks,

Tantek