[microformats-discuss] XOXO, XOXT and Resultsets
dimitri.glazkov at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 12:40:25 PDT 2005
Fellow microformateers (credit goes to Paul Wick),
I've been thinking a little on how and where form-driven result sets
can be used. And here's what I came up with:
* Forms define parameters that could be used to query a data set
* This set can be represented both as a table or as a list
* Both XOXO and XOXT may represent the same information. The only
difference is what representation makes more sense to the consumer.
* Neither XOXO nor XOXT should require the use of a form, as they are
self-sufficient in representing a set of items
* However, the form provides information that _more_ data may be
available from the server, if you follow enclosed instructions.
* Therefore, forms are perpendicular to XOXO and XOXT, rather than part of them.
Anyways, the outcome of a five-second brainstorm is that there should
not be any dependency between XOXT, XOXO, and forms. First two provide
actual data, the last one provides information on how to get more
More information about the microformats-discuss