[microformats-discuss] When we say "XHTML" do we mean...

Danny Ayers danny.ayers at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 14:35:28 PDT 2005

On 10/17/05, Ryan King <ryan at technorati.com> wrote:
> On Oct 17, 2005, at 8:37 AM, Robert Bachmann wrote:

> My general take on XHTML is this: produce valid, wellformed xhtml;
> send it as text/html ('cause I have to).

I'm not sure about this at all, maybe offering both (using content
negotiation) may be a good approach. I've not really got around to
considering it. On my blog, even as "XHTML" over text/html I still
frequently manage to paste stuff in that breaks it.

When consuming, I'll
> typically use tidy or TagSoup to clean things up before I touch them.

Same here. I usually use XSLT in front of an existing parser rather
than direct parsing, so it's pretty much essential.

Cheers,
Danny.

--

http://dannyayers.com