[microformats-discuss] RFC: Thoughts on Video and Audio Microformats

Charles Iliya Krempeaux supercanadian at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 18:56:08 PDT 2005

Hello,

Yes.  It got deprecated because no one used it.  But it doesn't mean
that we couldn't use it.  (Being deprecated means that we SHOULD NOT
use it.  Not that we MAY NOT use it.)   It could become un-deprecated
if it gains usage.

The "rel" and "rev"attributes on the anchor element -- the <a> tag --
weren't in widepread usage until recently either.

I think that using it in the way I outlined in my article would be a
good use of it.  urn's imply semantics... which is great.  And using
the urn attribute in this way is (as I understand it) inline with how
urn are supposed to be used.

See ya