[microformats-discuss] Step-by-step Greasemonkey Demo?

David Janes -- BlogMatrix davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Tue Oct 18 04:16:12 PDT 2005

Hi Ernie,

Although I'm fairly certain that this isn't want Tantek used, I've got a
GreaseMonkey script that demos well and is entirely self-contained.

(1)
- install microfomat-find [1]

(2) hCard demos
- go to Neil Dunn's vCard [2]
- look for the [hCard] icon and click on it
- click on "Add to Address Book"
... note the magic of the data: URI here ...

- go to [3]
- select any presenter
- look for the [hCard] icon and click on it
- click on "Show as Text"

- go to [4]
- look for the [hCard] icon and click on it
- click on "Show on Google Maps"
... go "ooo and ahh" ...

(3) xFolk demo
- go to [5]
- look for the [xFolk] icon and click on it
- look up tags on other services

I guess the other thing I should mention is that I'll probably be
depreciating much of the code of this in favour of Mark Pilgrim's
scripts for extracting the data, if I ever have free time again.

Regards, etc...
David
http://www.blogmatrix.com

[1] http://www.blogmatrix.com/include/microformat-find.user.js