[microformats-discuss] DUHPER (WAS: XHTML-REST, STRUM, DETH, etc.)

Luke Arno luke.arno at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 10:34:00 PDT 2005

On 10/18/05, Dr. Ernie Prabhakar <drernie at opendarwin.org> wrote:
> Hi Dimitri,
>
> On Oct 18, 2005, at 7:11 AM, Dimitri Glazkov wrote:
> > Oh no! DUHPER! It sounds like "diaper" :)
>
> Doh!  Or should I say, DUH! :-)
>
> It's supposed to rhyme with "Suhper".  Yeah, the puns just write
> themselves...

I thought "super-DUHPER".

> > Do you get a feeling that Microformats wiki is being run over by
> > RESTafarians?

More like "is populated by" than "being overrun by". There are so
many common values. Microformats are to formats what REST is
to services.

> Ouch!
>
> Like I said, its a lame name, but I think the Dual-Use aspect is non
> obvious to people when they just here (X)HTML-REST.

I disagree. I think that this is a popular theme in the AJAX
browser-as-protocol-client crowd. To many it is obvious.

It is still a very rich vein to explore however. I don't mean to
discourage.

- Luke