[microformats-discuss] REST-discuss list, naming

Dr. Ernie Prabhakar drernie at opendarwin.org
Wed Oct 19 08:39:38 PDT 2005

On Oct 19, 2005, at 8:26 AM, Robert Bachmann wrote:

> SHAR is already used for SHell ARchive, see
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shar.

Doh!  I meant to Google-check that.  Thanks. :-(

Still, its awfully close: the phonemes "sh" and "r" make a good
combination.

  Time for a game of "acronomyious", where we choose the acronym and
reverse-engineer its meaning.  According to FreshMeat, there don't
seem to be anyprojects with the names:

* shur ("sure")
* sher (a form of Urdu poetry)
* crush ('rush' was taken)
* brush
* thresh
* shire

Of these, my favorite is BRUSH:

B rowseable
R EST
U sing
S emantic
H TML

It's a nice metaphor -- repainting the web in semantic colors. :-)

-- Ernie P.