[microformats-discuss] Microformats Zen Garden

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Fri Oct 21 13:13:20 PDT 2005

Robert Bachmann wrote:

> Kevin Lawver wrote:
>
>> Do we really want to emulate the zen garden?  It's great at
>> showing what
>> CSS is good at: styling markup.  The real power of it is that it
>> shows
>> off what you can do with CSS without changing markup.  I'm not
>> sure that
>> works for microformats...  does it?
>>
> Time will tell ;-)

I imagine the primary benefit of this will not be CSS styling of
microformatted content, but rather JavaScript applications built upon
the data, e.g. a dynamic address book application using hCard data.
This is what microformats are good at: pulling structured data out of
web sites to make it more useful.  But the CSS Zen Garden's basic
model still applies with one single static XHTML file (or maybe one
per microformat) repurposed with external files.

Peace,
Scott